Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Most Anticipated Films of 2010

Only one of the films that I've been really looking forward to this year has been released, and luckily, Kick-Ass was anything but a disappointment. But what other movies are coming up that show promise? Let's take a look at my most anticipated films of the year.

Iron Man 2
Let's face it: If you didn't like the original Iron Man film, you're pretty much a moron. So go away. I make a habit of not speaking to morons. Anyway, the first film was great, and the trailer for Iron Man 2 looks pretty awesome, so I'm really looking forward to it's release at the end of the week.

Inception
Christopher Nolan is easily one of the best directors working today. He has yet to make a bad film, and I seriously doubt that he'll start with Inception. Not very much is known about the plot, but I find it very refreshing that they're not giving away the whole story in the trailers for a change.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
I actually haven't yet read any of the books (Ok, I've read the first 5-10 pages of the first one), but I plan to check them out sometime after the film is released. Edgar Wright, the brilliant director of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, has yet to associate himself with any film or television program that wasn't awesome, so I have high hopes for the film, which releases in August.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One
I really loved the book, and I hope that they'll be able to successfully translate everything well from the book onto the big screen.

Machete
This movie has the potential to be one of the most entertaining experiences that we will ever enjoy in our sad little lives. Check out the original trailer on Youtube. Just Google "Machete Trailer."

True Grit
I will watch anything that the Coen brothers write and direct. Why? Because they've made as many good films as Tiger Woods has banged women (Oooh, how topical of me). But forced pop culture references aside, the Coens are easily some of the best directors to have ever worked in Hollywood, and it's nearly always worth it to see any film that they direct.

No comments:

Post a Comment